The Many Benefits of Siding Replacement
From Chicago: Is you home the ugly duckling of the neighborhood? Is your siding aged, dented up aluminum, past its prime from wear and tear? Is the color of your home outdated and, well how can I say this, embarrassing? Do you still have to paint your house every 3 to 5 years?
Would you like to have a clean, modern looking home that you will not have to paint or maintain for years?
If you answered any the above questions with a empathic “yes”, We know exactly where you are coming from.
We re-side hundreds of homes each year and we have seen it all. I can remember one lady in the City of Chicago that was the poster child for needing new exterior renovation.
She had old aluminum style siding that must have been installed in the 50′s and that had been dented up by hail, balls, sticks… you name it, it must have hit this house. To spruce the place up she had the home painted a barn red color. The paint was now pealing and flaking all over the place and had faded from a deep red to a washed out pink.
Her biggest complaint however was that the ladies that lived in the neighborhood were talking about the look of her house behind her back.
Believe me, if we could help this lady, we could definitely help you!
Replacing the exterior of your home can have many benefits:
- New cladding will increase the value of your home.
- It will improve the curb appeal and look of your home dramatically.
- You will feel a renewed sense of pride in your home with new exterior cladding.
- If you choose the right siding product, you will see a reduction in your energy and utility bills.
- You home will be better protected from wind, rain, snow, sleet, and in some cases fire.
- Your home can go from the embarrassing house on the block to the envy of the neighborhood literally overnight.
So if you finally ready to get rid of that old siding that you are sick of looking at (and believe me when I say this, your neighbors are sick of looking at too). Then give us a call.
Professional Siding Expert in Chicago, We specialize in…
We will send out a trained professional siding consultant to discuss with you exactly what your options are. They will then measure up your house, show you some examples, and then give you a no obligation, no pressure price quote, so you know precisely how much the new siding for your Chicago area home will cost.
Types of Chicago Siding Products you don’t want on your home:
- Aluminum Siding Chicago- This type of exterior cladding has pretty much all been replaced by newer products. In the 50′s through the 80′s this product was the cat’s meow. No painting, very little maintenance, and a look that looked like wood. The problem is it dents. Hit it with a ball, strike it with your mower, or get slammed by hail balls, this wall cladding is toast. Plus over time it oxidizes and becomes caulky.. which means it needs to be power washed and cleaned.
- Metal Siding- This type of wall covering seems like it would be better.. stronger, and less able to dent. The problem is it doesn’t look like natural wood and it rusts.
- Wood Siding- Yes wood is the original exterior building covering. The product that all others are compared to and try to emulate. But you have to ask yourself, why if wood is so good have engineers and building product manufacturers spent so much time and energy trying to make other solutions? Because wood in all its splendor is ultimately flawed. It rots, is vulnerable to rodent, bird, and insect infiltration, and dries out over time and cracks. Plus it needs to be painted or stained every few years.
What to Look for in a Quality Exterior Covering Product…
There are many qualities that you must look for to maximize the protection, look, and value of your home. Note the following:
- Longevity- You want the product to last a long time. In addition, you want it to look good for years to come. No one wants to spend the type of money that siding cost, only to have to replace it a few years down the line.
- Attractiveness- A good looking cladding product will make your home look incredible. A bad job or bad product can make it look crooked and cheap. Any real estate agent will tell you, curb appeal sells homes.
- Energy Efficient- Most siding products do not have any significant energy efficiency. However, with the right combination of insulation backer product, your new exterior will not only look great, it will save you money each month on utility bills.
- Desirability- Meaning a product that is in style that people want. If you are putting aluminum siding up that is a light pink in color, you would be the envy of the neighborhood…. in 1954. Today, you would definitely lose points. Likewise, you need to remember that colors and styles that are popular right now, may be just like the pink aluminum… out of style. Sticking to basics is a safe way to stay in vogue for the longest amount of time.
- Protection- Having a cladding system that protections your home from the elements, especially moisture, is the primary purpose of siding. Make sure the product, the material type, and the engineering of the product are all designed to keep your home nice and dry, in all conditions.
by Rhett Wilborn